Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Greenwood Cafe @ SS2 PJ


If you read my blogs a lot... you would notice that I blog about PJ area a lot, just because I stay in this area. SS2 is an area that I go to... A LOT!!! In fact, I have seen this particular cafe for a long time too. I only came here when I read from the magazine review on it. Situated on the same row as Bread Story and Eu Yan Sang, it is not that hard to find.

It was 3pm when Jenn & I stepped into the cafe. We wanted to try their set lunch but the supervisor-looking man informed us that the lunch hour was over. Sensing some disappointment in our looks, he made an exception by asking us to sit down and served us the set lunch menu. That put back a smile on our faces. Talking about customer service :) I'm sure that he knows that both of us were new patrons.

They wrote their menu list on the huge mirror too...

Their set lunch is priced at RM6.50++ - Jenn had their Nasi Lemak with Ayam Masak Merah, which also came with complimentary Chinese tea (apart from that, you can also opt for Ayam rendang, sotong sambal or sotong with satay sauce). The nasi lemak was good... the rice smells good with pandan leaves. The sambal was quite spicy but tasty nonetheless. The ayam masak merah was quite tender and the gravy was not too salty. The minor setback was that the hard-to-chew anchovies.

As for me, I went for spicy buttermilk with fettuccine with crispy fried chicken @ RM20++ - fusion between CHinese and Italian style. It tasted exactly like our Chinese "nai yau", creamy but not too thick. However, a bit spicy due to the curry leaves and chilly padi. The chicken was deep fried and went on well with the buttermilk. Thumbs up for this dish!

Bon appetit!

Feeling hot, I ordered their Greenwood Smoothies - ice blended with fresh mint, lime and Sprite @ RM8.90++ - just like mojito less the alcohol content. Definitely a cure for the spicyness in my mouth :)

Leo's verdict - it gave me a good first impression due to the service given and also the good food. I will definitely come back to try their other dishes.

No comments: