Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 13, 2009

Chatterbox @ Rainforest 1-utama Shopping Centre


Checklist - Kim Gary, Wong Kok, Prince... Hong Kong style cafe has been mushrooming in Klang Valley ever since Kim Gary made it popular a few years ago. I remembered how packed its outlet in Sg. Wang and Mid Valley was during lunch and dinner time. But then one particular restaurant which caught my attention was Chatterbox HK... in fact, I'd come here when I dated my wife back in 2004. We went to its Bangsar Village outlet.

Then Chatterbox opened another one in 1-Utama, which is great since we lived nearby. They served typical Hong Kong style food and beverages similar to other joints.

We always sit inside, as we couldn't bear the smell of cigarettes of those sitting outside.

They served set lunch on Monday-Friday from 12pm to 3pm to cater for office workers. I ordered fried 'tong fun' and vermicelli (mee hoon) + iced yin yong @ RM11.90 - complimentary old cucumber soup was given too! The portion was quite big with generous char siew slices and prawns. What important was that it's not oily!

My favourite iced yin yong... slightly milky and fully flavoured.. HK style!

Fried rice with seafood in XO sauce @ RM12.80 - the very first dish that both of us tried when we came to eat at this place. The quality varies everytime we come here... sometimes it was great but there were times that it was oily. May the luck be with you :)

Chinese tea (hot) @ RM1.50 - tasted just like normal chinese tea. That is why I think that they had overcharged on this drink.

Leo's verdict - apart from a-la-carte, they offer value meal set too, where you can choose 2,3 or 4 dishes and white rice + dessert. Alternative to Kim Gary and Wong Kok which are quite dominant in Klang Valley... nice food and fast service!

2 comments:

email2me said...

I like their steam pork ribs rice ... although the waiting time is about 1/2 an hour, it worth the time.

thule a.k.a leo said...

okie :) will try that next time I go there