Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Restoran BBQ Soon Heng @ Jalan Bandar Tiga, Pusat Bandar Puchong


I had been fasting for more than 16 hours, as I had to go for blood test earlier in the morning. Having stopped eating since 8pm the other night, my stomach was growling... felt more like drumming for food. I needed a quick fix before continuinng my chores for the day. CK suggested a restaurant which was nearby. According to him, the wantan mee is good but I have yet to try it myself.

Located on the same row with Maybank (Tesco side), and fronting LDP... With its bright red signboard, it should not be any problem to locate. It was not lunch hour yet and therefore not many people were seen having their meal there.

Most (OK.. maybe all) of their workers are foreigners... including those who cleaned the table, taking your orders (mind you... I had difficulty understanding their slang) and to the one holding the cleaver.

Pictures were shown on the wall together with the price so you know what to order.

Since CK spoke highly of their wantan mee, naturally this dish would be my order. I had it together with roasted duck and char siew. I found the roasted duck to be kinda bland while the char siew was hard to chew.

Jenn's version of wantan mee with shredded chicken and mushroom was no better. The chicken meat was tasteless and overly soft to her liking hence she is of the view that the chicken is not that fresh. On the other hand the mushroom lack the usual braised gravy taste but maintain the woody taste of mushroom.

Leo's verdict - Also, their tea, milo and coffee were pre-mixed and not freshly brewed... not forget to mention that it tasted bland too. There are other dishes such as Ipoh hor fun, curry mee and economy rice... but then I doubt that I will come here again...

5 comments:

Sean said...

actually yr wantan mee LOOKS quite promising! they seem fairly generous with the ingredients

thule a.k.a leo said...

the mee is good... but not the meat or any side dishes!

mamasoju said...

um... I ll note down... will not go in unless i have no choice :p

Paranoid Android said...

Another case of one man's meat being another man's poison :D

Agrees with Sean that the pictures of the noodles were quite captivating. Maybe one of those off days. But the places sure looks empty.

thule a.k.a leo said...

mel mel - the only good about what I had was the mee but what's the point having only mee??

paranoid android - it was not lunch time yet, I think around 11am or so...