Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Claypot Curry Fish Head @ Medan Selera Great Wall, Desa Aman Puri, Sri Damansara

This is a continuation from my Melaka trip last time...

I finally arrived in Sri Damansara at 7++pm after a long journey drive back from Melaka (it's actually a continuation from Cendol Bukit Cina). Dinner time and my stomach started to drum again... "Hmmm, I'm not very familar with Aman Puri" I thought to myself. Don't feel like having a decent dinner at restaurant, as I have another appointment in another hour time in PJ area... so a quick meal should be sufficient. Suddenly a light bulb flashed above my head... I remembered watching Ho Chak introduced a curry fish head stall in a hawker centre. In fact, Jenn and I had tried to come here once but it didn't open for business that day.

This hawker centre is located along the busy road and therefore it is not that difficult to locate. To those who are familiar with this area should be able to find this place easily. If you know where the famous Tak Fook Seafood Restaurant and Old Town Kopitiam are... you will see it. All the stalls are lined up along the road and tables + chairs were placed by road side. If the weather is good, please find a table which is not covered, as it can be quite stuffy if you are seated in covered seats.

I could spot the curry fish head stall somewhere in the middle of the hawker centre immediately. And I ordered for a medium size claypot curry fish head.

Look out!! The dish was served piping hot and you could see the curry gravy still boiling in it! It smelled so good that I couldn't contain my appetite anymore.

The gravy was fragrant and creamy with taufu pok, lady's finger, long bean, brinjal and of course fish head in it... oh yes! And it was a little bit sour & great to go with rice too :) However do not expect to find a lot of fish head inside ok??? It was barely enough the two of us.

Leo's verdict - I almost could not control myself to order another bowl of rice but considering my expanding waistline, I didn't ask for it in the end. Costing only RM15 including 2 bowls of rice, I could say that the dinner was cheap and worthwhile!

10 comments:

Sean said...

mouthwatering! i like my fish head curries and laksas to be creamy-santany, but not too spicy!
and as usual, i have absolutely no idea where's sri damansara. =)

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

curries like this requires LOADS of rice haha..

Paranoid Android said...

Ha ha ha... Shares sentiments with Sean. Where's that Aman Puri? The only Amanpuri I know is at Phuket. I seriously need to get out from central KL. Although I have GPS, I's just to lazy and the traffic jams just piss me off.

Anyhow, the curry looks lovely. Any other side dishes that I can order from there?

Rebecca Saw said...

i luv it when the brinjals and lady fingers are all soft and mushy ;p
I can those with rice and curry. Didnt even touch the fish!

PureGlutton said...

I luv curry with lotsa vege and taupok and that pot looked full of it, altho not much fish head, as u said! Just a small piece i spied - was that red snapper head? I prefer the garoupa head ;-)

thule a.k.a leo said...

sean - time to get yourself a Garmin Nuvi... so cheap nowadays.. imagine all the nice places and food that you get to try... not confined to those usual places

joe - ya loh... but then rice = carbs... no no for me! trying to cut down carb intake during dinner

paranoid android - it's basically a hawker centre. You can find almost everything there... put ur GPS in good use ok??? Brave the jam and you shall be rewarded with good food!! Lol...

becky - me too!! The curry was just lovely... almost couldn't resist asking for another bowl of rice!

pureglutton - yeah! I think it's red snapper instead of groupa.. what to do? price for groupa's head is so freaking expensive nowadays.. see how much they charge for my dish??

Allan Yap & Nigel A. Skelchy said...

Oh God! Fish curries. Grandpa used to get me hot rice with butter and then the fish curry "banjir" the whole thing. Sigggghhhhh. Are you not the least bit surprised I am the size I am! ;-) Added you to my blogroll! ;-)

foodbin said...

great looking curry and cheap too.

thule a.k.a leo said...

allan & nigel - thanks :) that is how I love my fish curry to be too.. lol!!! it's alright... I'm about to reach your size sooner if I still maintain this kind of appetite

foodbin - yup!! go try it!

My Taste Heaven said...

The curry fish head really looks nice but I have some difficulty in finding this place.