Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

an APPLE a day, keeps the doctor away!!!

We have been told this ever since we were small, and we naively follow this advice on order to avoid seeing the doctor... as we feared that he/she might give us the injection or those medicine that we dreaded to eat most of the time. I gotta admit that I was one of those children as I really hate the smell of the clinic or even hospital, let alone the sight of those doctors. I used to think that there's something sinister behind those smiles that they gave us everytime I saw them...

But those were the days, and today I am not here to talk about the apple that we EAT, instead... the APPLE that we USE!!! I've been fascinated by the iPhone 3G ever since it was launched in Malaysia not long ago... and I've been wanting to lay my hands on that gadget.

Now it even gets sweeter... I got myself the 3G S instead!!! Lol... look at the gorgeous piece of technology. My Nokia 6110 navigator began to show its sign of aging, as a lot of problems such as memory card crashed, the whole OS jammed, etc... indeed a sign to ask me to replace it. Being a Nokia user for such a long time, i actually doubt if I could familarise myself with the Apple iPhone... but the lure of so many killer applications proves irresistable for me.

Being one of the firsts to get the iPhone (White), my friend Pat who's the Sales Manager for Apple in Malaysia told me that the first batch sold like hot cakes and it was snapped up by eager Apple enthusiasts... lucky me!!!

Now I have something to play around with... hopefully I will not be addicted or else Jenn will definitely ban the usage of iPhone at home... lol!!! But to please her, I have included her photo with Sher Ryn as wallpaper on the phone...


Another food blog will follow shortly after this

12 comments:

boo_licious said...

Congrats on yr new Iphone! Such an adorable pix of Jenn & Sher Ryn.

Precious Pea said...

Lucky lucky!! Have been eyeing for weeks and they just ran out of stock here. No booking somemore. :(

J2Kfm said...

wah .. how much u bought that?
with plans?

UnkaLeong said...

Now all that's left is to bling out the phone!

Rebecca Saw said...

DArn.. I wanna a new phone too!!

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

nice toy..its a blessing for all the time u got to wait for ur wife shopping..so load up the games!

thule a.k.a leo said...

boo_licious - thanx a lot!! and yes, sher ryn is getting more and more adorable lately... playful but sometimes pain in the @$$... hahhah!

precious pea - latest news fr my friend Pat... worldwide shortage of iPhone 3G S... have to wait for the subsequent batch to arrive in our shore.. in your case, Australia :)

j2kfm - with iDate RM50 plan per month, I bought it at RM2090... RM200 deposit (luckily I placed my booking).. and the rest in 12 months installment plan.. check out maxis website ok?

unkaleong - already spent about RM200 for the anti-glare skin and Air Jacket to protect it! Also in-car charger as I travel outstation sometimes... my sis had bought me leather casing in HK (yet to receive).. and will see what else that is practical and essential!

becky - you WANT it or you NEED it? two different questions that will help you decide though...

joe - already turn iTunes upside down in the past few days just to look for useful application. So far have downloaded more useless app rather than useful ones.. and they are all free!! Paid app... have to look carefully before committing..

Paranoid Android said...

Wah... Congrats! This apple can buy a whole orchard man!

Timothy said...

Wow ... I was just checking the phone out today... thinking whether to get the 3G or the 3Gs model. Sigh ... so many choices ... so little cash. Haha ... the 3Gs can easily burn a RM2,400+ hole in my pocket ....

thule a.k.a leo said...

paranoid android - thanx man!

timothy - they don't sell 3G 16gb anymore.. replaced by 3G S for 16gb and 32gb model. however there's still 8gb iPhone 3G. What I reckon is go for 3G S... get their iData plan and the phone is cheaper. Plus with certain banks, you can get 12 or 24 months installment :) do give them a call.

Bangsar-bAbE said...

Lucky you indeed! Now now...let Bbabe see the phone, and safeguard it for you ok? =P

thule a.k.a leo said...

bangsar babe - hahaha... what i'm afraid is that the iPhone will be like "gone with the wind" once it's in your hands...