Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 23, 2010

Lammeeya @ 1Utama Shopping Centre

At last!!! After so many months, my post on Lammeeya is finally up!!! Don't ask me how long I have kept this post aside as I definitely won't tell.

Jenn & I have long noticed this place as both of us frequented Kluang Station most of the times.. whenever we went to 1Utama. A visit to the shopping mall is not complete without a cuppa of our much beloved Cham Ice :) guess that the yam cha culture is well alive in both of us!

Anyway, we decided to hit this place one Saturday morning for breakfast albeit a heavy one considering the food that we were about to have here. Its interior was brightly lit and spacious, unlike those outlets which prefer to utilise its available space with tables and chairs. Its wall was adorned with huge pictures of its signature Lam Mee and drinks.

The menu was definitely helpful as pictures came together with the description of each and every dish.

For drinks, I had the freshly ground soya milk @ RM2.20. Nothing beats a freshly made drink :)
Jenn's royal milk tea @ RM3.40 tasted just like regular iced tea out there.. nothing special really!

Original lam mee @ RM12.80 - Texture of the mee was firm and bouncy but Jenn claimed that it contained MSG as she felt thirsty afterwards. Flavour-wise it was OK and they were generous with the ingredients too!

Mushroom with minced meat cheong fun @ RM6.80 - didn't look promising in the menu at all. But what do you know? It totally blew me off. Packed with flavour & the usage of mushroom and sesame (normal and black sesame) enhanced this creation to another level. highly recommended for chee cheong fun lover!

Leo's verdict - Lammeeya has also opened its outlet in Hutong which means that they are in their 3rd generation of business. Even though the lam mee was not the best that we had, it was good enough to warrant the next visit.

P.S: Non-halal (^_^)

Disclaimer:
1) I'm not paid to promote/endorse any particular event, restaurant or person in this blog. ALL are based on my unbiased personal opinion.
2) My reviews are based on my personal taste and preference and therefore may vary for others.

15 comments:

Sean said...

y'know, i keep meaning to try this place, even at hutong, but always miss it somehow. it's been years since i ate lam mee! :D

~Christine~Leng said...

lammeeya is in 1 U? haha.didn;t know that.. have only tried the one at Hutong ;P

Unknown said...

nice but exp le! i like ur disclaimer thing, shud start to draft one for myself :)

J said...

Interesting... :)
Will have to try it out soon - I'm curious, even though I m not a fan of Lam Mee...

Ciki said...

funnily enough, you are person no.3 who has said it's not bad! maybe i try for lunch then;)

PureGlutton said...

This place is very popular for lunch - always crowded! The chee cheong fun is not as good as the Ipoh ones, but then i guess for KL-standard, acceptable lor ;-)

jason said...

There's another outlet just opposite my office in Uptown too. The menu is more extensive there, with rice set as well.

UnkaLeong said...

Hmmm...I don't really fancy this style of Lam Mee. I prefer the watery soup type :) But the CCF Looks fantastic!

thule a.k.a leo said...

Sean - don't worry since Hutong is quite near your office.. just pray that you do not get stuck in the jam!

Christine - they also have an outlet in Uptown PJ

kampungboycitygal - a little bit but don't forget that they still have to pay the rent which can be high especially in shopping mall :)

J - try the chee cheong fun instead!

cumi&ciki - lemme see your post then!

pureglutton - normally I'd dine there before the lunch crowd started to pour in

Jason - normally this place won't cross my mind when it comes to dining in Uptown... LOL!

Unkaleong - me too :) Lam Mee is only best when you add in vinegar (which is not my style of eating). Let me know once you have tasted the CCF

boo_licious said...

Yeah, the Lam Mee is definitely so so and laden with MSG. Thxs for the tip on the mushroom CCF as that sounds yummy indeed. How come the disclaimer suddenly?

eiling lim said...

I went to the outlet in Empire Gallery and tried their pork lard rice. Not bad lah but quite expensive also hor?!!

foodbin said...

the lam mee is passable.

vialentino said...

hi bro,

firstly...i am very sorry for my late reply and my late dissapearance as i am away for my holiday and tied up with my work.

yes, me and my wife love this restaurant a lot esp two items only...the lam mee and the mushroom chee cheong fun....very good indeed.

thule a.k.a leo said...

boo_licious - LOL! my friend actually pointed out and told me that not everyone has the same taste as mine :P and I remember reading some posts on this paid meal stuff somewhere..

eiling - I can't believe that these words actually came out from your mouth! Expensive??? All your posts sound more expensive than mine :P LOL!

foodbin - agreed!

vialentino - no worries bro! hope u had a great trip!

kwpang said...

it's full of sesame seeds!!! i love sesame seeds!!!