Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Restoran Kong Sai @ Jalan 20/16, Paramount Garden

Truth be told, I stumbled upon Kong Sai by chance. It was one lazy Saturday afternoon when Jenn & I were feeling hungry. Without any particular destination in mind, I just kept driving and driving until I reached Paramount Garden area. Initially Jenn wanted to go to Ming Heong but it was closed (later we realised that MH only opened during dinner time). Spotted this particular restaurant opposite our initial intended destination, we noticed that it was rather clean and crowded. Then I remember reading pureglutton's blog about Restoran Kong Sai (with must-order steamed chicken) but she did mention that the place was located in Puchong. Is this the same place, I thought to myself.

Taking chances, we boldly stepped into the restaurant. When a rather young looking guy (I assumed that he was the boss) came to take our order, I asked whether they had any connection with Kong Sai in Puchong. I sighed with relief when he proudly informed me that it was their Puchong branch. That was when I knew what to order...

Of course, I needed something to cool my body down in the scorching hot weather... Thai fragrant coconut was the answer.

A soup lover, Jenn couldn't resist ordering a bowl of ginseng root soup with chicken when she knew the availability of soup in their menu. Served hot, the soup was flavourful with little MSG inside (as she claimed that her throat didn't feel dry afterwards).

I suddenly had an urge to eat something with egg, so I ordered the omelette with lap cheong. It was not oily at all & delicious

It was their steamed chicken that stood out from the rest! Apparently the chicken came highly recommended by pureglutton (http://pureglutton.blogspot.com/2008/07/chicken-rice-kong-sai-puchong.html) herself... just read her description on the dish. I thought that the chicken was really smooth and succulent... and Jenn nodded in agreement too! Their rice has a hint of ginger, shallot & garlic - perfect combination with the chicken and the rest of dishes. And please, do dip the meat into the dipping sauce given as it was simply heavenly!

Leo's verdict - I think that they are sufficient to maintain business by just selling chicken rice alone but their other dishes were great too!!! If this place was air-conditioned, Jenn & I would have come more often. Chicken rice lover... this place definitely will satisfy you.

10 comments:

Sean said...

i envy your memory! i can never remember specific places and food items very well, but u could recall another blogger's post that's nearly two years old, including the location and what to order! but ya, the chicken looks good enough to keep on eating until we're totally stuffed! :D
i should try that tactic of just driving around someday without any planned location. might actually be able to find a hidden gem somewhere! =)

Rebecca Saw said...

Love this place for chicken rice! Really smooth and tender chic and the accopmanying sauce - fu yoh!
The soups are great too.. and additional dishes choices are not bad. cant rmbr what else we ordered, must go dig thru the pics folders... ;p

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

looks like u really need ur aircon eh..?

qwazymonkey said...

This place is very close to my home. Cool u've found it

UnkaLeong said...

I loved the pig's stomache soup with pepper! :D

J said...

Oh great! You have posted on a nice place that I can get to easily (without driving >100km!)..

(Haha... Just kidding. I love reading your posts on all those places around Malayia....)

Babe_KL said...

i just tried this place recently and the chicken dip is fabulous. the siew yuk bittergourd is da bomb!

Unknown said...

what a lucky encounter!

eiling lim said...

wah this place looks good. I want to drink the soup!!!

Unknown said...

Kong sai is good. I tried the Ming Heong in Aman Suria n it sucks big time. First we waited close to 1 hour for the food although there wasn't a lot of people. The food came n it's really bad the vege was too old n it was so hard that I can't chew. Then the pork which they reco was not spicy so we ordered but the whole pot was filled with dry chilli. We fedback to the owners which they just stare n ignored us. Since it's too hard to swallow we just paid the bill n didn't eat the food. To my surprise the owner acts as if nothing wen we hardly touched the food. Shockingly bad experience.