Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Peng Heong Hakka Paikut @ Jalan Gudang Nanas 3, Klang

Back to Peng Heong Hakka once again and this time with Jenn & Sher Ryn along. The image of the delectable image of the signature hakka paikut kept running inside my head after my first time going there. So I brought Jenn & my little princess along this time... not for lunch but breakfast!!! I admit that the meal was quite heavy for breakfast but since people had equally heavy BKT for breakfast, so why not??? Plus morning is the only time suitable to bring Sher Ryn there, as the weather was still cool. Traffic is a breeze and parking spots are plenty...

It was piece of cake to find a table in the morning too! Most people were still in the dreamland at this moment :P

This time I noticed that they also served various baos and siew mai. But these stuffs are easily available in PJ or KL area so why waste your time driving here for these?

I ordered the usual barley drink... served in a bottle.

Hakka meatball at RM1 each is a must! Minced pork meat stuffed with spices before it is deep fried, each and every bite was a delight!

Asam fish @ RM6 (big) - with only RM1 difference between the big and small, why not opt for the former? Its sourish & slightly spicy gravy was good enough to go with rice.

Claypot chicken in peanut sauce - the sauce was similar to those satay sauce. However this dish was quite ordinary to be honest. The sauce was quite watery and not oomphhh enough. Definitely can skip this unless you want variety.

Signature Peng Heong paikut.. when one mention paikut, he/she might think that the dish was bony. Actually these are super soft pork fillet (something like pork chop.. being chopped into little pieces). I simply love the sweet taste of the tender pork meat. Jenn was hooked immediately after the first bite! So good that she ta pao-ed some for her sister in Cheras.

Leo's verdict - They start business as early as 7am until 5pm. With reasonable price, fast service and delicious food... it's time to plan a trip to Klang for the legendary hakka paikut. if you are bored with the usual BKT everytime you go to klang, then this is what you should have! Traffic can be a nightmare if you come during lunch time so plan ahead ok? I'm already thinking of the third visit... this time might ask some bloggers along. And I have a few names in my mind already.

11 comments:

PureGlutton said...

Oh yeah - the Pai Kuat certainly looks super delicious! Where exactly is this place - any map? Worth a visit there very soon, hehe!

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Wah, I gotta convince my parents to go with me here! I love your description of the paikuat. That's a must try on my list. :-)

Sean said...

looks like the paikuat is the main reason to check this place out, if i'm ever in klang that early. and with such a huge signboard and bright colours on the building, it shouldn't be too difficult to spot in the area :D

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

yeah traffic is a prick, but i find myself there on most sat mornings, call me the day b4 to check!

J said...

oOOH... Thule, Joe:
How to get there? Can I join you all there for whichever Saturday you all choose? :)

Ciki said...

oh yar.. ur totally right.. i rmbr ur comment to go early in the morn - how true.. not a soul and great for babies right?
was the uncle there ar? LOL

eiling lim said...

I think I'll never be able to look for this place. I'm bad at directions in Klang. But the pai kut looks so good and the sauce!!! yums

Kenny Mah said...

Ah, Hakka meatballs. One is never enough. Once you start, you can't stop! LOL

Wilson Ng said...

Interesting, a good find in Klang. Pork chop looks like char siew.

Jason said...

Yes yes, this is a place I would go if I'm bored with BKT in Klang. My "babitarian" friends love the paikuat too.

CS. said...

haha, thanks for the description guys, on behalf of my dad, i thank you guys for all the support for this paikut. i'm grateful for you enjoyment. we're pleasure to serve you our best. thank you again. i'm also sorry for any inconvenience caused in our shop *if there's any*. i'm his youngest son, CS.Yong.