Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Pizza Uno @ Centrepoint Bandar Utama

When one speaks about Italian food, I gotta admit that I am not as adventurous as most of you! The most expensive Italian meal that I'd ever had was at Villa Danieli of Imperial Sheraton Hotel but that was during my birthday last year. Even if you ask my opinion on Il Padrino or anything that starts with Nero, I'd just scratch my head and gave you all those blank stares :) don't get me wrong, I love Italian food but the truth is I won't purposely go looking for Italian restaurants unless they are really that DAMN good!

However, there is one particular place that holds a special place in my heart - Pizza Uno! But the first time I came to this place was not with Jenn but with my MBA classmates. It was year 2002 and I was still living in Puchong at that time and not very familiar with PJ or BU area. Then I realised that Jenn liked it here too when we went out for movie some time later (we were still normal friends at that time). When we started dating, we would come here whenever there was a craving for Italian food. Both of us simply love the ambience and the dining atmosphere at Pizza Uno. Things got a whole lot easier when I bought a house in Bandar Utama, as it's about 5 min away from our love nest. It's a good thing that we share a lot in common, especially in food...

Red and white wine bottles are placed on a barrel at the entrance.. to let you know that they serve wines in case you are in the mood for one :)

Tables are placed outside to accommodate diners and it is usually packed during dinner time.

There are weekend specials which are not available during normal weekdays. Initially I was planning to have my usual dish but the specials really piqued my curiousity. Therefore I went for their crab meat spaghettini, which is the smaller version of spaghetti. They were very generous on the crab meat but the whole dish was lack of flavour and frankly, quite bland eventhough spiced with lime and chilly.

Jenn opted for Herb-scented chicken with mushroom risotto - chunks of juicy roasted chicken with creamy arborio rice and mushroom. This was very good flavour-wise and the chicken meat was juicy and tender.

A bottle of mineral water for both of us... with a slice of lemon in each glass. Over-priced but they don't serve water so no choice.

Leo's verdict - whenever Jenn & I craved for pasta or pizza, we would normally come here to eat... convenient location and comfortable settings. Not necessary the best place for Italian food, but the quality is OK enough to warrant a visit (by the way, I am not a fussy eater so don't take my word for it... it's solely based on my taste bud). Apart from the dishes I mentioned above, their garlic prawn pasta is to die for and there's one particular dish that I want to mention here - Napoli Pizza, which is the anchovies pizza. Some might think that it's very salty but somehow I love it! The crust is thin, crispy and prepared using wood fire.

17 comments:

Sean said...

ooh, is that the little princess in the final photo?!? :D
yeah, i like the place too, though i think their branch in taipan is a bit cosier?

J said...

For me, this branch of Pizza Uno has bad memories - eating there with my ex. Sigh.

Oh well.... the food is still good though, considering the very reasonable price! :)
(Go and try Sassorosso lah. If you feel like venturing into the KL area.. but there oso no pork...)

Paranoid Android said...

Wood fired Pizza is already a plus point. Chiaroscuro has an eccentric chef that serves beautiful food. Babi also ada.

Unknown said...

there was a Pizza Uno way back then, in Jusco of Ipoh. then closed down liao, dunno why. kinda special location, outside of the complex one.

UnkaLeong said...

You should try the Italian shop a little further down from Murni's in SS2. Ask becks, we went there recently ;)

I generally like the food at Pizza Uno though ;)

thule a.k.a leo said...

sean - yup.. that's the lil princess :) taipan is way too far for me.

J - KL area ah?? thanks but no thanks.. the image of the jam in Jalan Yap Kwan Seng always prove effective to deter me from going.. lol!

paranoid android - another Italian in KL area :P anyway, babi is the plus factor! but lately many outlets in that area got babi leh..

j2kfm - maybe business is not good enough..

unka - I know where that place is.. looking from outside, the place looks cosy and homey :) we have something in common

Rebecca Saw said...

so whn r u in town again? ;p

Babe_KL said...

oit come down town la, neroteca got babi one! :p

how's yr princess? hope she recovered

thule a.k.a leo said...

becky - I will be in KL on Friday :)

babe_kl - the thought of traffic jam in KL is too much to take la.

Unknown said...

i think unka was referring to buonasera, its quite similiar to pizza uno. u shud give it a try.

realized that dragon i is movin out fr centrepoint, n theres a new place call kitchen something upstairs.haha

qwazymonkey said...

Yeah I have fond memories of Pizza Uno too. Many of special occasions and good conversations! Great to know you've both bonded over good food, now the little princess and follow suit.

But yea, sucks that they don't serve water.

Ciki said...

is dat ur baby? so cute! pizza uno does great mushrooms in garlic!

Wallis Mcfadden said...

Indulge Cafe = http://bestcafeindulge.com/ . Give a try a new opening cafe at Kuchai Lama KL. They serving top selling Mille Crepe and plenty delicious food

Wallis Mcfadden said...

Indulge Cafe = http://bestcafeindulge.com/ . Give a try a new opening cafe at Kuchai Lama KL. They serving top selling Mille Crepe and plenty delicious food

~Christine~Leng said...

we dined here a week ago! but at the Taipan outlet. They used to have another outlet in Puchong but was closed down :(
I heart their Tiger Prawns Aglio Olio to bits! Ooo... chili flakes rocked my palate! ;)

qwazymonkey said...

This Wallis McFadden's like spamming everyone's comment box! So annoying

Unknown said...

I love the food there =D Been there twice before~~~~ Miss the food....