Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 18, 2009

Restoran Ban Lee @ Jalan Ipoh, KL

Jenn and I had errant to do in Jalan Ipoh one Saturday morning and so we planned to have breakfast here. We spotted this particular restaurant as we drove by, parked our car near intended destination and walked here. They occupied two shoplots which are just next to Dinasty Hotel, so it should be easy to find.

Along Jalan Ipoh which is in its usual chaotic and busy traffic situation. And it was especially hot and stuffy that particular day... geram betul!

These 2 foreign workers preparing the bah kut teh for customers...

The morning crowd having bah kut teh breakfast...

As usual, a pot of puer tea to wash down the oil from consuming bah kut teh. For me, I think bah kut teh is not complete without Chinese tea!

We asked for claypot bah kut teh for one pax... and it was served not long after. The broth was quite thick with the aroma of herbs, and the portion of pork ribs + lean meat, golden needle mushroom, button mushroom, yaw mak and fu chuk were quite generous too...

To me, bah kut teh is not complete without these - deep fried dough fritters or yaw char koay (^_^) it was quite crispy to my liking!

Leo's verdict - overall the bah kut teh was good but I seldom come to Jalan Ipoh area unless there's thing to do. So I think that I'll stick back to my usual places in PJ or Sungai Way area. To those who stay nearby or happen to be in Jalan Ipoh, this place is worth to be given a try.

6 comments:

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

i heard their bkt is quite good..but yeah i prefer klang 1s full stop..

Reanaclaire said...

yes..i have taken klang bkt before... but not this shop...haha..cannot remember the name..but i know very fast sold out one..

Ciki said...

never tried.. is it btr than klang's?

thule a.k.a leo said...

joe - klang sometimes is too far away..

reanaclaire - I've been to several bkt shops in Klang... but only remember one or two :)

C&C - I thought that u like to explore new food and place? give it a try and decide. I think it's good overall

Rebecca Saw said...

oh.. its full house at night one!ca n smell the aroma all the way frm outside. hehe..was tempted but my fren wanted to eat dim sum tht time..

The Malaysian Life said...

Looks delicious. But I like the teluk pulai one.

Here's a list of the 15 Top Bak Kut Teh places in KL.

These places are some of the most popular Bak Kut Teh places in Klang Valley.