Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Restoran Lim Kee Pan Mee @ Jalan Dato Haji Harun, Taman Taynton Cheras


Recently migrating to Blogspot, I couldn't seem to import all my previous blogs from facebook & I am lazy to copy and paste everything all over again.

We arrived here one early weekend morning for breakfast, as I had haircut appointment nearby. That's right... my hairstylist is in Cheras. It was still early and therefore, not many customers came yet. Normally it would be packed during weekends.

The drink counter was placed outside instead of near the kitchen, so you can see the worker preparing your drink order.

My camera phone's zoom function was like shit... and the picture quality was not too good when I tried to take the newspaper cutting, as well as the picture of Chui Ling (One Day Five Meal) with the proprietors.

Both of us had the same thing in mind - dry pan mee. I always like the soup version instead of dry ones. But here at Lim Kee, their dry pan mee is a must try... the mixture of the sauces was simply wonderful with a hint of sweetness in it. It is served with minced meat, shredded mushroom, deep fried onion and anchovies... and separate bowl of soup with potato leaves. Simply wonderful! Let's not forget the chilly sauce which makes the eating experience more oommmppphhhhh... lol!

Just stir the mee like this and you're good to go!

Sui kow @ RM1 per piece - prawn and minced pork wrapped together in wanton skin before boiled in hot water. A must try side dish here!

Leo's verdict - The mushroom flavour here was the best that I'd ever tried in KL. Did I mention that the chilly sauce (or sambal belacan) is great too??? To me, pan mee is not complete without mushroom and great sauce! The whole place was already packed by the time we finished and left. Parking can be quite hard to find here so good luck!!!

4 comments:

Ciki said...

my hairstylist is in Cheras ..! wow.. which one ah? and how much for a boy cut ?! (not for me la obviously)

thule a.k.a leo said...

ever heard of Dex??? It's located in Cheras Business Centre near Yulek. Anyway, they are the official hairstylist for Astro Talent Quest and other TV shows as well... normally it will be Nicholas who cut my hair.. but has to book him earlier coz his popularity seems to get higher and higher... lol!
For me, it cost about RM40...

Jason said...

Dex? You mean Zex issit? All the hairstylist wearing pink shirt?

Been to Taynton few times but to a different shop though.

thule a.k.a leo said...

Jason - ahhahaa... wrong typo.. it's Zex!!! You are absolutely correct!

Try Lim Kee...